Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Moving!

I can't believe I'm moving to Australia. I will miss my family & friends & the greenery & nature here, but hopefully they will have mountains and waterfalls and lovely sunsets in Oz as well. Last night I posted the following on fb and got some very lovely replies from friends and family: Well Aotearoa/New Zealand, its been great knowing you, and I've loved our time together. You've looked after me, taught me, encouraged and uplifted me, I have rejoiced in your spectacular landscapes, been awed by your mountains, your greenery, your beaches, your forests, rivers and especially marvelled at your waterfalls. (I LOVE waterfalls, and also sunsets).
I have been loved and felt cared for, safe and protected here, my spirit has soared everytime I discover a new treasured spot. However I feel like our time together is growing short and it will soon be time for me to move on to distant shores, for new adventures, new places and new friends. I will miss you very much, and think of you fondly and often and hope to visit you again in the near future, because I don't know if anywhere else could ever feel as much like home for me.
But a quote I received recently keeps me motivated to move onwards: "Life for him (her) was an adventure, perilous indeed, but (wo)men are not made for safe havens. The fullness of life is in the hazards of life. And, at the worst, there is that in us which can turn defeat into victory."
~ Edith Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment