Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Holidays at Smith's Lake, NSW

Christmas day I called my family in the morning, then had lunch with friends, then got a ride up to Smith's Lake with friends. It was a bit disorientating, being out of my normal routine but after the first couple of days I got back into my routine by getting up early and going for a walk alone. Being an introvert, I get my energy from being alone, so it was a good way to renew my energy and feel peaceful walking amongst the trees, seeing bush turkeys, hearing lots of birds, and sitting quietly by the lake meditating. Lots of people around which has been good, chatting, getting to know new people, playing games, getting mocked for being a kiwi. Have attempted to do some work but mostly have been reverting to checking facebook, emails, listening to music and podcasts and trying to finish my Europe photobook. (I have a voucher which is due to expire today). Today is my Dads birthday, so I called him this morning to wish him Happy Birthday which was good to get to chat to him. Looking forward to seeing my friend who is driving up this afternoon as well. New Years Eve tomorrow, apparently we're going down to the lake to watch the fireworks, which should be great!
The photos are old, but they're of this area from a few years ago when I was here, and it hasn't changed too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment