Monday, September 20, 2010

On my mind

So I went two days on fruit smoothies and vegetable juice, then I went two days on water, and by the end of the water day I was over it. Well, actually what happened is my flatmates decided to have a delicious combined dinner and I was so hungry that I decided to finish my fast early. Talk about lack of will power.

I thought about it though, and I decided that four days is better than nothing. Also yesterday at church someone read out a quote about not fasting for thirty days, 24 hours is good enough, and the Lord will hear the prayers of a sincere heart. Technically I wasn’t doing it for revelation I was doing it for health purposes, but my clothes feel looser in any case which is quite nice.

I’m currently living in a 7 bedroom house, we did have 7 people, and we’re now down to 5. One is planning to move home soon so then we’ll be down to 4. The rent is going up to $450 next week which we’ve decided is too much, so we’re now looking for a more manageable 4 bedroom house in a decent area to move into. Definitely not Ham East coz that’s a dodgy area, especially around the Uni, houses are always getting ripped into around there.

We found a cute villa house in between the lake and town, haven’t seen the inside yet but it looks great from the outside. I’m guessing that its occupied by students who are leaving soon because the date its being made available is just as uni exams begin. I hope we can get it.

My nephew nearly drowned on Saturday at the pools, apparently I was meant to be watching him. I couldn’t see him though, owing to my short-sightedness, so I saw him heading over to the other side of the pool but couldn’t see him after he started descending down the steps into another pool (which was over his head and he can’t swim). Luckily the spirit yelled at my sister who was engrossed in an argument some people were having somewhere else “wheres your son?” which caused her to look around and see him under the water and go and yank him out before he started inhaling water into his lungs. Both of them got a big fright. I felt bad.

I’ve started doing pilates. Its making me a lot more flexible than I used to be. Also zumba, because my flatmate has the dvds. It feels nice to think onto paper/a computer screen occasionally. Then I can clearly see where my heads at.

No comments:

Post a Comment