Saturday, May 28, 2011

Travel High

I made a quick trip to Sydney a couple of weeks ago, and already a sense of wanderlust has begun to pervade my entire being. I just got back from a trip and I already want to go somewhere again. Granted next week I'm going to wellington for 2 nights, and then my next planned trip after that is to the Abel Tasman national park at the beginning of september, but everytime I travel, I have this feeling of wanting to travel more. Its like i just can't get enough of it.

My flatmate just got back last week from a trip to Langkawi, Malaysia last week (it sounded awesome, hot weather, beautiful beaches) and my sister got back from the Gold Coast just a few days ago. I personally have had enough of the gold coast for my lifetime, i don't know how people can love it so much, i liked the theme parks but that was about it.

Then in november i have requested a month of work so that i can travel to my hearts content (pending having enough saved), ideally i would like to spend 1 week in asia, preferably Hong Kong and one week on a beautiful island, I'm thinking Tahiti or Fiji and then the rest of the time on a nice beach in NZ, it should be getting hot by then.

I think really, for me, its all about the anticipation. I get so much enjoyment out of planning trips, that once it arrives, its almost an anticlimax, and then by the time its over, i'm already trying to think of ways to get that momentum going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment