Thursday, May 19, 2011

Past Memories

My phone has died, and I have lost all my phone numbers. Strangely when I changed my SIM card into a borrowed phone it had a heap of numbers I haven’t seen in about 5 years, since I got my previous phone, ones from 2006. A lot of the names I didn’t recognize, or they seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn’t quite place who the people were.

At that time I was living in Tauranga, and I was the Stake YSA rep, so its quite possible that a lot of them were YSA who I don’t really remember anymore, most of whom I haven’t seen in years.

My late aunty and stepfather’s phone numbers were also on there, that made me sad. Goodness knows how many people I will have forgotten in another five years.

A couple of days ago I checked in two lovely ladies, whose names and faces looked very familiar, but I couldn’t quite place them. But they both had the same first name. I took a chance and asked them “Do you know Amanda*?”

They both looked at each other and looked at me again, “Yes we do.”
“Which one of you made her wedding dress?”
“I did.”
“And which one of you runs a Backpackers hostel?”

The other one put up her hand. I remember going with Amanda for one of her wedding dress fittings, I took a couple of pictures of her dress on my phone, and also one of a tiny rainbow that was on the wall, I’m thinking it was light streaming through the stained glass window that caused it.

Last night I had a dream with more than one person from my past, I think I must have been thinking about them just before I drifted off to sleep. It’s a bit bizarre though, how all these things are just coming back to me now. Maybe I need to make a better effort to record the things I’m doing now, so they won’t just end up as vague memories in the future.

* Name changed for privacy reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment