Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spillages and Breakages

Today I accidentally dropped a whole big jar of Jaffas and got to see all the glass shards splatter across the floor, sending the jaffas scurrying in all directions under chairs, tables and all over the carpet. This was in the VIP lounge at work just as people were starting to enter. I felt so dumb. It took forever to scoop them all up, especially as they had a tendency to run away again just as they were being collected. My workmate was so nice about it, but I felt really bad.

It wasn't the first thing today I dropped or broke. It started after shopping this morning when I was grabbing my things out of my sisters car to go put them in mine. Somehow the grocery bag hooked on something in her car and snagged and when I went to pull it the bottom fell out and spilled my recently purchased food items (luckily nothing perishable) all over the road.

Not long before that I was in the public toilet at the library trying to use the liquid soap dispenser. I couldn't figure out how there was a full bag of soap in there but none of it was coming out. I thought if i made a small tear in the bag it would start working, however my "small tear" inadvertently became a "large rip" and before I knew it all that soap was spilling out of the bag into the sink and down the drain. I felt bad that I was the only one who got any use out of the soap, what a waste.

So yes, by the time I killed the jaffas, I was used to being a klutz, it almost seemed like a normal and natural thing to have happen. I was so gross and sweaty and tired from walking around all day that it just seemed like one more bad thing wouldn't matter that much.

Coz after that it didn't improve - we were short staffed, had several delays in our arriving flights, which meant flights tomorrow delayed, spending a few hours ringing people to give them the bad news that their flights tomorrow are delayed or cancelled, as well as a number of bags that never showed up off the flight, all made for a very interesting evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment