Wednesday, February 22, 2012

To my friends

The one who challenged me and forced me to stop silently accepting the opinions of others
The one who brought to my attention that I had issues which I never was aware of before
The one who demanded things of me, by unnerving me, annoying me and getting in my face and my life, even when I tried not to notice
The one who pushed me to try new things and consider ideas that I never would have thought of otherwise
The one who confronted me, argued with me, teased me
The one who made me laugh with clever uses of words, accents and mocking
The one who told me I was smart, intelligent, funny & pretty, and made me believe it
The one who helped me, looked out for me, cared about me
The one who fed me when I was sick, listened to me when I was down, calmed me when I was feeling overwhelmed
The one who created a space where it felt safe for me to share my feelings
The one who loved me & took a piece of my heart in return

“Friendships a treasure to keep and to hold
A shade in the desert a fire in the cold
Man with his myriad woes and cares
Can carry them bravely when friendship shares
Whoever you are, I wish this for you
May you have a true friend and to him be true.”
Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment