Sunday, August 26, 2012

Plant based Diets

I've been thinking about changing my eating habits for ages now, my problem is just doing it. Its not that I lack motivation, its that I lack discipline. I realized the other day is that one of my biggest hurdles to changing is worrying about what other people think. Its not something that I should worry about - after all, my own health is my own responsibility, but I hate getting lectured. Whenever I've mentioned to anyone in my family or friends circle that I'm thinking about moving to a plant based diet (no meat, no dairy, no eggs) I tend to get shouted down by people who think they are right. I'm not saying everyone should move to a plant based diet, but even people who I thought would support me, don't. Its an interesting conundrum. Do I listen to the masses telling me I shouldn't do it? Or should I follow my own gut instinct that I should? I really want to do it in secret and not tell anyone, but eventually it would come out, when I was at someones house saying no to eating what they offer me. I thought I would start today and try it for two months - I think thats adequate time to see if it works for me. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment