Saturday, June 22, 2013

Australia & goals

I have been to Australia twice in the last 5 wks or so, firstly to Sydney to see my friend that lives there, who has just had a baby in January (hes a smiley little chap) and secondly to Perth to see my newly pregnant friend and her family. They were both great trips but for different reasons, it was great catching up with both of them, finding out what their lives have been like and what they've been up to.

I found being around them both superbly motivating in different ways. They are both very determined and hard working and being around them made me want to be more like them.

I even set some new goals (my only one lately has been to do all 9 great NZ walks, and then maybe after that work on getting fit enough to do the Inca trail in Peru) which was also good for me. I now feel like I have a plan. Next step is to create a vision board and stick it up on my wall where I can see it (my walls are rapidly being covered in images, posters and colours, I really like it).

Both of them attempted to encourage me to move to Australia - and I can see that I might actually like Perth, not so much Sydney as its too fast paced for me. Well, I still wouldn't want to move there, but the thought of living in Perth is now less disagreeable to me than the thought of living in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment