Monday, July 6, 2015

Sick Day

I loved being on holiday but coming home to winter is really not so much fun. Fog and wind and rain and all of it - have combined to make me a sick lady. Yesterday and the day before I just sucked it up and kept going - probably not the best idea, coz I don't want to make my workmates sick - but I was actually feeling ok. So this morning I suppose my body just decided it had had enough of my attempts to push through it, I've had all sorts of uncomfortable symptoms that I won't discuss just on the off chance that someone ever actually happens to decide to read this. This morning when I called in to work my workmate didn't even recognize me, she said I sounded like I had a frog in my throat, so obviously I wasn't going to be going in today. But not doing anything really doesn't sit well with me. I tried not to clean and just to rest but my room is so disgusting (and I heard a mouse in my room the other night, he kept me awake nibbling at something all night, I wanted to shoot him but I suspected he was hiding behind my bookshelves), that I had to at least get the stuff off my floor that was annoying me.

Other than that I have surprised myself. I have not gone out all day, despite the temptation to. I watched a movie and I read a book and I had a citrus based smoothie that I'm hoping will give me a helpful added shot of Vitamin C. But it really is boring being sick. I don't know what to do because I feel a strong need to keep myself busy, even though I really should be resting. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be feeling well enough to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment