Monday, September 7, 2015

Swift changes

Well its been a while since I wrote on here, but it feels like a lot has happened in a very short time & I'm a little stunned & astonished by how quickly change has come upon me (unsought and unasked for). I had sort of a timeline in my head that I thought I was going to follow along with quite nicely, plodding along, but all of a sudden it feels like a dozen waves have crashed over my head, sucking me out of what I thought was going to happen and pulling me along according to their own little timeline.

I had a good talk to a friend today who helped me see things in perspective, it was almost like she knew what was about to happen.

She said that for me the way I grow and change and learn, is to have lots of different experiences in lots of different places. Ever since she has known me, I keep shifting from place to place, or changing jobs, or changing my life completely and moving around. Whereas for the past several years I've been in one place, and one job and I've gotten very comfortable and happy, and in a routine, and I like the way things are, so that when I get told to move on to the next thing, I don't want to, because I'm very happy where I am, thank you very much, and I see no reason why things shouldn't carry on exactly as they are, indefinately. She said but thats not the way for me to grow, that I should embrace the change and just go with it.

She said its like when you learn to surf and you don't know if you want to go in the water, its quite scary and daunting and you're not sure if you can paddle hard enough to catch the wave, and then you're there in the water, waiting for the wave that you're going to catch, you don't know which one it is so you keep waiting and looking, but then when you finally do, you catch it, and you feel exhilarated. You look over and all your friends & family are on the beach cheering you on, and then you're really happy that you took the plunge and did it. She said later I will look back and wonder how things would've been different if I hadn't done it, but that I will be so glad that I did.

She also said she would slap me if I didn't do it, lol. While she was talking I almost got the impression that things were not going to go according to the schedule that I wanted, they were going to happen much faster.

When I got home, I got some news, and yes, things are happening much faster than I imagined. Its quite scary but I think I just have to take a deep breath and go with it. Wowsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment