Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ask & then receive

Following a number of health complaints in my earlier twenties, I have tried various different remedies and experiments upon myself in order to try and improve my health. So far a lot of things have improved me but not as much as i would like. While on a recent holiday in Australia, my feet swelled up like mini pineapples & i could barely walk (hobbling into the Runaway bay Dr's centre was not fun at all). The kind indian lady doctor prescribed me antibiotics, cream and a warm salt water bath 3x a day. Of the three, I think the salt water helped the most. I got home from Australia and was still dealing with my feet when all of a sudden my left knee started to cause me grief, and once again it hurts to walk. According to a book i read last year, "Feelings buried alive never die" by Karol K. Truman, pain is Gods way of trying to get ones attention, or simply a sign of imbalance (well, clearly, since its only one of my knees and not the other). Visiting the library a couple of days ago, I randomly chanced upon a book which may very well be the answer to my prayers and the solution to all my health problems, regardless of my vehement dislike of enough of what he said in the beginning to nearly disregard all the good stuff in the middle and end. Its like when your parents tell you something that you know you should do, but don't want to, just because it sucks to be told what to do. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment