Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 2

Although my timer says its Monday, its actually tuesday lunchtime as I write this. So I started on the green powders yesterday, along with 1L of cabala juice - Carrot Apple (Yellow) Beetroot Apple (Red) Lemon Apple (Green) = Cabala. Its a very sweet juice provided you don't chuck in too much beetroot, which has very nicely stained my fingers purple. Good thing I'm off work sick today. Its meant to cater to the whole body, nutrient wise. I had another 1L of cabala over the weekend but I always like to kickstart new regimes on a monday. This morning I woke up an hour before my alarm went off & actually wanted to get out of bed, which is a brilliant sign already. I'm not sure i can attribute it to the green stuff, but i can't remember the last time I was actually awake when I woke up, i usually drag myself out of bed in a semi-stupor, tripping over things as I go. I headed off to the Sandringham road market this morning, its a great place for cheap vegges & returned home with two bags of the green stuff. My first green drink consisted of juiced celery, 3 bunches of spinach, parsley, 2 carrots & 1 clove garlic. It produced over 1L of juice, which i wasn't expecting that much. It was very dark green, like certain types of pond scum. My lip curled into a sneer of its own accord as I contemplated how to make it more palatable. My first attempt to get it down was diluted 1:4 with water, it tasted very much like water. That wasn't too bad, but I still had 950mls left to get rid of. I though about mixing it with the cabala juice I was about to prepare, but thought that might ruin the cabala. I figured if i'm going to be drinking it 3x/week I should just get used to it & hope I don't get nauseous. I poured myself a glass, held my nose & gulped it down, then a second glass before I lost my nerve. 20 minutes later i learned that it had a definate laxative effect. Still, in my attempts to cleanse my inner self, i guess thats a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment