Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christchurch

I always thought Cathedral square would be easy to find, you hear so much about it on the news. One hour of wandering around the central city and I never came across it. I guess I should take my map book next time. Or maybe ask someone. I did see a lot of old churches though, and some of the old fashioned Dr Who phone boxes that you don't see so much anymore. The river is beautiful, even though the trees around it are leafless and brown, and theres an old fashioned dandelion type water fountain that reminds me of the ones I grew up with in Hamilton.

I want to go for a tram ride. I think I'll do that sometime tomorrow. And I want to go check out the canterbury museum, I hear good things about it. If i had more time and a car I would go see Hamner springs. Its cold down this way but not a chilling pervasive windy cold like Wellington. More of a slow steady cold, if you can describe cold as a movement rather than a temperature. I'm only here for a few days, but so far I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment