Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weta Cave

I went to see the Weta cave on saturday. I heard it was just a store before I went, but it was much better than I thought it would be. I spent the whole time we were there taking photos of LOTR figurines. I especially liked the little Hobbit leaf brooches that they had on their cloaks, and the Arwen necklace. They showed a video of the creation of Weta studios and some of the movies that they had helped work on. I didn't even know they had helped with King Kong.

Then we drove around and our friend pointed out the top secret Weta studios which have no signage on them, I think for security reasons. I guess its a good idea. We looked around Miramar and Seatoun and drove around the coast line. Its good when you're in a car and not outside in the blowing wind.

I went to see a movie at the Embassy theatre today. I highly recommend going there just for the experience. Beautifully furnished everything, very old fashioned, very well put together. Transformers 2 wasn't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment