Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Tenth Insight

I really like books, people and things which/who stimulate my mind and get the mental juices flowing with ideas, thoughts and memories. 2 days ago i picked up a book off the shelf which I bought 10 yrs ago and never read - maybe the time wasn't right then. The 10th insight by James Redfield. I read its prequel The Celestine Prophecy 10yrs ago and watched the movie for it last year, but only just got around to this one. and coudln't put it down. Its quite rare I come across a book i can't put down because I'm quite fussy when it comes to reading in general, although I do sometimes just read a book so i can get to the end and know what happens in it.

I was thinking last night about how much i loathe book reviews and the snotty way in which most of them seem to be written, and asking myself what i would prefer to see in a book review. Personally i think i would like to know what someone else got out of a book, what insights they gained. Even though anyone reading a book would get something different to what someone else would get, I think for me, that would be a good measuring stick to use in determining whether or not I want to read something else. I like taking other peoples book recommendations.

This book provoked alot of curiousity in me. No doubt i will write more than one post on what i learned. The first thing that got me was the discussion of the birth vision.

What if i could remember why i chose to be born at the era that I did, the country I did, the family unit i did and especially the unique combination of parents I did? What if i specifically chose those two individuals to help me on the path I needed to follow in life? A mission only I could accomplish? What if i intended into my life, people whose personalities and characters would help me overcome my own natural tendencies to shut myself off from the world and avoid people in general?

If i could remember the mission I came here to perform, would it make my life easier or harder? As a child I definately felt that there was something I was here to do here on terra firma, yet 20 years on I still don't have a clue what.

The birth vision is a remembering of the choices we made before we came here, our glimpse of the best case scenario for our sojourn on this planet, even choices that don't make sense here on earth, such as coming into an abusive or violent family situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment