Monday, May 3, 2010

Arrival

I arrived in Christchurch this morning and found myself constantly patting my pockets for something that wasn't there. My keys. Symbol of where i'd come from and where i was returning to, but completely redundant in my current space and present moment. What do you do with a key when the thing for which its designed is no longer within your reach?

I heard people complaining about how cold it was. I don't know what they were on about, i was walking around in a tshirt and trackpants and i was totally fine. The flight was uneventful apart from a few roller coaster dips as we came into land, and i was very thankful i hadn't suffered from my usual queasy lightheadness. And as we got off i spotted some money someone had left behind across the aisle. Score.

I always wonder why everything on travel noticeboards is twin share - cruises, accomodation and the like. Not much options left for a solo traveller unless you want to pay for an invisible person who isn't there.

I thought i'd try something different for lunch, being in a new place and out of my comfort zone and all that. I got a honey chicken dish at a thai place. I really wished i'd gotten something else. It was a bizare combination of flavours, battered chicken pieces smothered in a sweet sauce, rice, dry strips of carrot and cabbage, and dry hard kumara pieces. I'm not sure what it was meant to taste like but it was weird. Too much sweetness, not enough savoury. I should have gone with my usual preference of fried rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment