Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Travel Musings

A few things I've learnt over the last few days

The difference between fiords and sounds (one is created by a river and v shaped, usually quite shallow - like the Malborough sounds, a fiord is carved out by a glacier, usually u shaped, very deep) Milford sound is actually a fiord, but that phrase doesn't roll off the tongue as easily. It was originally called Milford Haven but they didn't like that name either.

You shouldn't try to take photos of outdoor close up objects while travelling in a fast moving vehicle. It doesn't work. I have a lot of blurry photos to show for my efforts.

Where the Mirror lakes are located. I'd seen lots of photos of them growing up but had no idea where they were. They're just south of Milford sound. Beautiful, though a lot smaller than i expected.

Milford sound really is beautiful. I'm so glad i came down this way. Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment