Monday, February 21, 2011

Puzzling

For the past 3 weeks, a puzzle has completely enveloped all of my free time. Of all things, a puzzle. I have never been particularly interested in puzzles, except when somebody else is working on one. But this puzzle was different. There was a prize attached at the end of it.

At the end of last year for our Christmas presents, instead of giving us a glorious lounge pass like they have for the past 2 years, we were given a puzzle to complete. Once we have finished said puzzle, taken a photo and sent it in to the puzzle people, they will then send us out that glorious and much desired present – a VIP lounge pass to use sometime during the year.

At work some people worked on the puzzle together and photographed themselves and sent it in. I thought that was a great idea until I looked at my photo and hated the thought of sending it in, having, in my mind, cheated.

So I decided to finish it myself. I haven’t done a puzzle since I was a kid, so I figured this would give me a real sense of achievement like I’d actually accomplished something for once, instead of petering out part way through.

I finished 2 mornings ago. I was so proud of myself. The photo is taken and I just need to email it in and I will soon have a lovely lounge pass heading my way. I’m so proud

No comments:

Post a Comment