Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Travel Bug

So since I have leave this week and most of next week, i was originally planning to go somewhere awesome like Hong Kong, however, since I've been told that attempting standby staff travel to asia in January is a complete waste of time, I rearranged my planning to include a road trip around the north island. Along with my flatmate Tash. I really like that she's game to do anything. Also shes a school teacher, so she has the best holidays in the world.

We're starting our trip by heading off to Napier via Taupo, staying in Hawkes bay for a few days - go to Splash Planet, Te Mata Peak and the Rush Munro icecream gardens, then to Palmerston North to see what thats like, down to Wellington/Porirua for a few days - go see Te Papa, Zealandia and the Weta workshop in Miramar and catch up with our old flatmate. Then back up the north island stopping at Taupo, going to see the geothermal wonders of Rotorua, up to the beach and waterfalls of Tauranga, then heading home some time next week.

I'm really excited about it. I love planning trips and going on trips and looking for places to enjoy on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment