Monday, January 23, 2012

Goals for 2012

My first goal of the year was to read some classic novels rather than the dodgy rubbish I have been coming across lately. So the first one I read was Persuasion by Jane Austen. I had never heard of the book nor seen the movie, so I read it and really enjoyed it. In some things I found myself identifying with the main character, Anne Elliott. After that my flatmate and I went hunting for the dvd and bought it. The guy who plays the male lead is gorgeous. The second book I've read is called "What Katy did" by Susan M. Coolidge. Its quite a moralistic book about how to deal with trials but I did really like some of the thoughts that the author put into it. The next book I'm planning to read is the Water Babies by Charles Kingsley, which I read when I was a kid. I was in Coromandel the other day and found a second hand store which had quite a few books I hadn't read in years so I ended up buying a heap of them. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment