Saturday, January 21, 2012

Spur of the Moment Voyages

Last week I decided on my last day of work before my days off to go away on a trip all by myself. I don't usually like to do this because I tend to worry that things will go wrong and I won't enjoy myself, but I had the best time. It was awesome. The weather was perfect, the beaches were golden, the water was a lovely turquoise colour and I had an amazing time. I didn't socialize much at all, I wasn't really in the mood. It was a great introspective time, time to ponder and reflect on different things, while driving and stopping. I went to Tairua, climbed up Paku Hill and saw the stunning view from the top. Then I went swimming at Hahei which I'd never been to, but it was great, my favourite part. It was like heaven. I'd wished to stay there longer but i was anxious to get to cathedral cove which I hadn't been to since I was a kid. It was really tricky finding a park but once I did I was off taking photos and swimming, and pretending like I hadn't seen the sign warning of rockfall danger, do not go under this archway.

That night I stayed in Whitianga at a very cute hostel. The next day I went around the coast to coromandel, stopping in Whangapoua on the way. Walked around the rocks over into New Chums Beach which was empty when I arrived but was soon packed out. Spent a hour body surfing and was exhausted when I got out. It was a lovely beach, reminded me of the Abel Tasman.

Headed around to Coromandel Town to have hot fish and chips and go looking for my ancestors brothers headstone at the nearby cemetery but no luck on that one, so headed back home, happy and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment