Thursday, November 7, 2013

A week down

Its been a week since I quit sugar, and apart from a few headaches and niggling pains, I'm feeling quite good in general. I haven't been sleeping so good, but that could easily have been due to 5am shifts over the last couple of days. But today and tomorrow are my days off, & I'm feeling really good about life in general. My knee has been hurting since yesterday, I can't figure out why, but I've been giving it lots of rest and massages, so hopefully it will come right. Plus this morning I had a lemon & ginger herbal tea, ginger is supposed to be anti-inflammatory, so I think that will help.

The other day I had a piece of a friends birthday cake, but I decided it was only a small piece, and just to enjoy it and not feel guilty. The main thing I've cut out is chocolate, but I knew that I would crave it for the first couple of weeks, so I made myself some bitter raw sugar-free chocolate, which has been going down a treat. It has the same fatty feeling and meltiness of normal chocolate, but it doesn't make me feel like I'm on a sugar high/low. My mum tried it last night and I had to laugh at her reaction, she was horrified, then spat it out. Funnily enough it tastes sweet to me, not bitter, maybe the sugar fog is lifting and my taste buds are changing. I hope so.

I weighed myself the other day and I had lost a kilo. It amazed me because I've been trying for months to lose weight and haven't budged at all on the scales. Only a week of cutting out sugar (even with a couple of small cheats) and I've already started to shrink. I'm so amazed that all that effort of going to bootcamp for the last 4 months did nothing for my weight, but within a week of cutting out this sweet poison, its already coming off. Bootcamp has been useful for other reasons though, namely getting some muscles and having more energy.

We have a work pedometer challenge that started this week, and I'm the team captain, so I feel that I have to lead by example and attain at least 10,000 steps per day. Yesterday and the day before I got home with about 7 1/2k steps, and so spent half an hour walking in circles around the house to get up to my goal. My mum suggested last night that I just shake the pedometer, but NO! I am very averse to cheating, and that is definately cheating. I'd rather just walk around. Plus its doing my muscles some good, even if my knees are complaining right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment