Saturday, December 13, 2008

Forgiveness

So yesterday my car broke down, and i was initially really really annoyed. It seemed like the 3rd of the bad things that happen in 3's (my blender broke, then our water got shut off, then my car) and I was about to head off to work too. So i had to get a taxi out to work. I was complaining to my dad about it. He said to me "good thing the car broke down while you were at home bub, imagine if it happened while you were somewhere else. HF must know what he's doing." Then today a really nice mobile mechanic guy came and fixed my car for me. And he didn't even charge full price. I should be more grateful to HF and stop blaming him for all the bad things that have been happening. I read a quote this morning by a 1940's Wanganui Surgeon-turned-naturopath little known man named Ulric Williams, famed with healing a lot of people but shunned by the medical community (funny that) about Forgiveness. I'm not sure how it fits in with this post, but it seems like a good attitude to have. Better than being annoyed anyway. "Forgiveness means saying it doesn't matter. Forgiveness means saying to oneself, If i forgive this person, God can use my forgiveness to put things right. Forgiveness means saying to oneself, This person did the best they could with the knowledge and awareness and understanding they had at the time. I set them free from my condemnation." Words to live by. Thanks Ulric.

No comments:

Post a Comment