Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little people


I really like my nephew. He is so cheeky and charming. He's only 2 but he seems to have had pretty much the same personality since he was born. He loves the outdoors and hates being cooped up inside. Hes fearless (much to the chagrin and occasionally horror of his mother) and inquisitive. Hes a happy little boy, except when he's tired, then he sulks and is grouchy. He likes checking out everything and everyone and is very sociable. Its been so interesting watching his development up til now. I like how children display their emotions so freely, which is something adults learn to avoid doing as they get older.

Today i rung up to talk to his mother who was trying (unsuccessfully) to get him to go to sleep. He kept getting back up so she put him on the phone to me. And he started telling me (in cute broken baby english) 'wot wot today' (He apparently went to a mall today to see the Wot Wots kids tv show characters). My name is "a ree" he can't really say aunty yet, but at least he is trying. Sometimes he calls me 'mum' but i don't think he knows what he's saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment