Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas day

“Small but enjoyable” would best sum up this years Christmas celebrations. My sisters in-laws were all visiting family members in Queensland, and my Aunty’s family had a get together with all my Uncle’s side down near Wellington. So it was just me and my immediate family minus my working brother (suck to work today). It’s a bit weird, since my parents split up and divorced when I was a teenager, but they seem to be on friendly terms at the moment, especially since their first grandchild was born. I doubt they’d ever be together again but when I think about it, it is slightly weird seeing them interact together.

We intended to get together at lunchtime and have a swim before lunch, but it was too overcast and windy to venture into the chilly water, so we ended up rearranging parts of Aunty’s house (its fun doing things for people while they’re away) and eating copious amounts of food. My stomach is not happy with me at the moment. Good thing I’m going to do something about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment