Friday, December 17, 2010

Dreams

I’ve had several dreams over the past couple of weeks where the main theme was bad people coming after me trying to kill me, and me spending the entire portion of the dream that I could remember on waking attempting to elude their clutches.

If I were to go with my friends interpretation – she said it means there are subconscious beliefs that are holding me back from attaining good health. If I were to take that idea a step further it could mean that there are subconscious beliefs holding me back from attaining my optimum potential in multiple arenas of my life – financial, spiritual, social you get the picture.

According to my dream dictionary, being chased may indicate feeling stuck or threatened in my daily life. Being pursued and unable to get away suggests a fear of being overrun by ones impulses. Monsters indicate repressed emotions, anger, hostility and fear. Possibly needing to confront something or someone in one’s waking life. Running can indicate trying to get away from painful feelings one doesn’t want to face.

One thing my counselor used to get me to do was to ask myself a question and then get my subconscious to write down the answer. I took her up on her challenge and then took it a step further. I discovered that when I wrote the question with my right (wrong) hand and then answered with my left hand, all sorts of information started coming out of me that even I wasn’t consciously aware of. I think that exercise might be in order again here. I think I’ll try it the next time I’m fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment