Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Detox Day 1-4

My detox has started, but not very well. According to the instruction book in "Brett Elliotts Ultimate Herbal Detox," (hes from Tauranga) I was supposed to cut out bread, wheat, rice and anything with sugar on the first day, meat on the second day, and any other processed food on the third day.

I unfortunately attempted to start on boxing day, but there was too much leftover food from Christmas and I ended up feasting on it all (minus the bread), meat, potatoes, salad and dessert. It was delicious.

Monday was slightly better, except for lunchtime where i was eating at my auntys. Her husband was badgering me about how bad a detox is and how I should go see a doctor who can prescribe me drugs rather than my chiropractor. I told him I don't believe in drugs. He told me I need to go to a doctor. I got mad at him. I ended up eating their meat and cheese and vegetables (but still avoiding the wheat and crackers). They also offered me some Christmas shortbread. It was delicious.

Tuesday was good. I went to the fruit and vege shop on the way home and bought a lot of cheap apricots, plums, pineapples and mangoes to snack on. They were all ripe and sweet. Especially this mango, pineapple and yoghurt smoothie that I put together. I loved it.

However, in the afternoon I went to visit my friend where I ended up eating a heap of her Christmas chocolates that she very kindly offered me. They were also delicous. I should take a leaf out of the french womans book and only eat scrumptious quality food in small amounts (rather than trying to stuff myself with budget rubbish that doesn't hit the spot). I love chocolate. Its pretty much impossible to resist.

Today was the best day so far. I had fruit and vege juice followed by an apricot and orange smoothie this morning, salad and vege stir fry for lunch and nuts for my mid afternoon snack. However I still have a few hours to go before bedtime and I'm just hoping I can avoid trouble.

On the good side, one of my flatmates is also doing a detox at the moment, which is great because theres no junk food in the house to tempt me. And my other flatmate is vegan (though she's tramping in the Ureweras at the moment) and the other flatmate thats about to move back in is also wanting to eat more healthily. So thats a good thing all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment