Friday, March 8, 2013

2013

I can't believe its been such a long time since I wrote. I've been on the internet on a regular basis but somehow that was not strong enough of a draw for me to come to this page - the one where I can write anything I want, and pretty much nobody knows its me. I like it like that.

So far this year has been pretty good. Except for my sister moving away, that sucked. And with so little warning too, or maybe I was just oblivious to seeing it coming. I attempted a sugar, meat and bread free detox, that lasted 10 days which was quite good for me I think.

Have been gearing up for my Milford Track trip which starts tomorrow night when I drive up to auckland the night before I catch my flight (so excited!). Stay in Queenstown a couple nights, then to Te Anau for a day, then the bus and boat to glade wharf and we're off!! I'm not sure I'm fit enough, but I'm definately fitter than when I did the Routeburn track, and I've learnt a lot in the time since (like don't pack so many clothes, and don't take so much food). I hope it is as good as I've been imagining it, and that the weather holds out.

Overcast but not hot with the last day light rain and therefore waterfalls streaming down the mountain would just be my idea of PERFECTION. But if its not like that will just have to put up with whatever happens, can't do much about the weather.

I was just reading up on the guys that discovered the Milford track, Quintin Mackinnon, Sutherland and McKay, very interesting and must have loved the outdoors a lot. I love the outdoors but not enough to permanently venture away from society. So this is Great Walk #3 and I can't believe I haven't yet tackled any in the north island, you would think those would be the ones to start with, but no i have to first do the ones at the opposite end of the country lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment