Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goals

I was just looking at some goals I wrote about a year ago, pasted on my notice board, and forgot about. Thats what happens when you move so much and stuff gets dumped in storage.

One of them that I had written gave me a fright. It said, "I want a job where I can travel and have time to do the things that I want." This was written before I had even thought of applying for the job at AirNZ. And look at that. A part time job that gives me discounted flights to every continent in the world, bar antarctica.

I remember when I first saw the french speaking job on seek.co.nz for airnz. I had a strong impression that I should apply for it, but I didn't want to, mainly on the grounds that I would have to move to Auckland. But I guess it worked out in the end, I got the job I wanted, and its a good place for me to be.

Back in high school the same thing happened. I wrote down a bunch of goals at New Years, forgot about them, and was startled to find the list at the end of seventh form that I had completed nearly everything I set out to do. Especially Dux. That was the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment