Monday, February 15, 2010

Dreams - hallucinations or sleep memories?

Fast asleep then wide awake in an instant. What time is it? 4:30am. Are you serious? Its way too early to even think about getting out of bed. And yet despite exhaustion i can't sleep. I put on some soothing music in the hopes of lulling myself into some type of restful state, but it doesn't work. Weird dreams then ensue.

I remember them vividly when I awake. This girl I met in australia and I are being chased by this crazy resourceful guy with tons of money and workers. After chasing my car and putting a train in our direction which we swerved to avoid then somehow he lowered my car into this monkey pit where monkeys were trying to eat us.

The girl with me was totally unaware of what was going on. Needless to say it was a weird unfathomable to say. Sometimes i do have dreams that feel real. Like a place I've been to or someone I know saying something characteristic of them. Then later (sometimes years) something will happen and i'll have a deja vu type impression that either its happened before, or I've dreamed it before. Sort of like a random assortment of colliding factors will suck me into a spooky vortex of the past. Its among the most unreal experiences i've had in this life.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment