Thursday, May 14, 2015

La Spezia, Italia

Wifi is abundant here in Europe but internet kiosks and cafes are few and far between. If I had known I would have this much trouble accessing the internet I would've made sure the smart phone I was given before I left was working properly :) It wasn't so I didn't bring it with me.

Well today was awesome, we stayed last night in Lucca a cute little Italian town with an old city wall which encloses the whole old town, we had dinner there last night and this morning I walked around on top of the wall, its quite wide. I saw a kiddy playground and a restaurant, a few buildings, lots of cyclists and a few little tiny trucks (seriously tiny! like shorter than me!) then we got our train to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower. Yes I got a cheesy photo of me holding it up lol. We are now at La Spezia on our way to Cinque Terre which are 5 little coastal towns right next to each other you can get a boat around to see them or walk 17km or get trains in between them. Then up to Geneva!! im very excited except we haven't found somewhere to stay the first night there yet, the hostel is booked out ugh. And everywhere is super expensive. Then on Monday we go to Paris for 6days!!! so excited :)

Our cruise was magnificent -7 days 6 stops. Olympia, Athens, Santorini, Corfu, Bari (Sassi in Matera) and Kotor in Montenegro. All stunningly beautiful places. The weather has been super hot and lovely, no rain so far, mostly shorts and tshirts weather. We stayed in Venice for a night that was magnificent!! such a huge city considering its all on the water. I did want to go on a gondola ride but we couldn't find someone else to split the cost with. We have been running into kiwis all over the place! its lovely hearing the accent from home. And there were heaps of aussies on our cruise. We met a lovely couple from Austria our last day who told us Kate & Will had had their baby girl, and that Prince Harry was visiting New Zealand recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment