Tuesday, October 14, 2008

28 days raw

"...and all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint." Apparently eating raw for 28 days allows your body to cure even the most heinous of diseases. Since i wasn't that sick to begin with, I can't judge on that account. And in any case, i would never recommend going raw to anyone. Its taken me 4yrs to get desperate enough (health-wise) to even want to try this craziest of diets, and its one of the hardest things I've ever done. I had to go into it baby steps at a time. First cutting out meat on weekdays, then attempting to cut out chocolate (that has never worked for me, I love chocolate too much) then the worst one I ever tried, I call it the extreme diet - junk food one day, guilt induced fruit & veg only the next. I have yet to see the boundless energy & zest for living that raw foodists on the internet promise, but I think thats because my liver still needs work - those solvents 3-4yrs ago were not good for me, they made me sleepy, excessively tired & gave me swollen ankles - but they did kickstart my health research quest. Where is the wellspring of youth springing up into eternal life promised by so many raw foodists? Why has it not yet worked for me!? Since I like to experiment (I think its the scientist in me), I will try one more month raw & see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment