Saturday, October 11, 2008

I believe

When I was young i believed my aunty when she told me eating seeds would cause fruit trees to sprout out of my ears, i believed a lot of things people told me that weren't true, causing me much stress as a young child and giving me the unwarranted labels "naive" and "gullible." ( I prefer the word "trusting"). But as you grow older your beliefs evolve and change in accordance with you as a person, the things you learn and the experiences that you have. And although the following list is not complete, it at least contains a few of the things that are coming to mind as i write about this subject. I believe:- ...that all things happen for a reason, even when the reasons may not be apparent in this life. ... that everyone has a specific mission to accomplish on this earth whether it be big or small ... that children need their mothers love when they're young & their fathers wisdom when they're old ... happiness comes from appreciating the small things in life & looking for whats good in people ... that everyone has a story worth telling ... that my mum is always right, even/especially when i don't want to listen to her ... that the world is a beautiful place ... that cancer, diabetes & numerous other diseases are curable ... that children are better off home schooled (maybe a 'grass is greener on the other side' thing) ... that half the things i learnt at uni were redundant & did little more for me than get me a job once i finished - and i'm not even in that profession anymore ... that my family love me even though they don't always show it in ways i understand ... that no matter what happens in life, God will never abandon me. I can always go to him & trust in his care and concern for me, he will never let me down, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment