Friday, October 3, 2008

World View

Every person is unique, with their own set of traits, talents and abilities. Due to our unique background, family history, culture and education, we each have our own individual perspective on the world. And most of us perceive our own belief system as more valid than another persons. But it really isn't. When I hear something or read something that resonates with my own personal perspectives, then it will seem true to me and I will accept it. However when someone tells me something that jars against what I hold true, naturally I will reject it. For myself, this is especially true in the case of health and wellbeing choices. And regardless of certain people who disagree with what I want to do (and in my opinion its none of their damn business what I do with my health), I will continue making choices that fit in with my opinions and my world view. According to "The Secret" we attract what we hold in our minds and hearts, whether positive or negative. So if somebody believes something similar to what I believe, chances are that fate, or destiny will intertwine our paths at some point. People all want to be validated in their choices and actions in life, hence why "birds of a feather flock together." My friends are not necessarily those with similar interests, but those with a similar way of looking at the world. In the case of me and my friends, we're big mockers. We like to laugh at anything and anyone. We chastise each other constantly, but we still do it. This is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment