Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Running in Heels

Its never a good idea to run in heels, especially when surrounded by people. and yet thats exactly what i found myself doing today. I never thought it was possible to run in heels. I tried to hurry the passengers up, but they had limited command of the english language, and I wasn't
sure they understood what "run to the gate" means. So i had to demonstrate for them, drag them along with me, interrupt people on the way to butt into their place in line. Everyone was quite lovely except for when the support crew sent me into business class check in to clear customs. That was not fun. I have a thing against snooty people. Its not like I wanted to be in there. All the way to the gate I was intercepted by my coworkers encouraging us to hurry up. Then we caught up with several more passengers who were strolling along casually like they had all the time in the world. I think our running was contagious, because they all started moving faster until they were all hurried onto the plane and away it went. And home I went.
I was surprised that I didn't get tired from running, i actually felt energized, even in heels. I don't know how it was possible, but I managed to shut the general public out of my peripheral vision and I barely even noticed they were all there. That doesn't happen to me very often. It was quite marvellous.

No comments:

Post a Comment