Monday, June 22, 2009

Saturdays Warrior

I had of course heard of this show growing up, with a vague idea that it was a musical, so I finally got the chance to see it yesterday. It was much cheesier than I expected. A warm and fuzzy feel good family movie. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had a large family. Or if i remembered the 80's better. (Dance moves and costuming, may we never go back to that era!!!) The music wasn't very pretty either. It did have a good message though. Don't base the size of your family on the possibility of depleting the earths natural resources. They used to have huge families a century or so ago, today people can barely manage 2.7kids each. One of my friends is the oldest girl in a family of 14 kids. She said it was mostly good growing up in a large family but I always felt for her, because it seemed like she had to be the second mother to all of them. They talk about baby boomers hitting retirement and there not being enough of a working population to cover all their retirement pensions, and Im not sure what to think about it, except that the world has bought all its problems on itself, and we will be the ones to pay for it all. Suck

No comments:

Post a Comment