Friday, August 21, 2009

Naturopathics

I went to see an iridologist yesterday. It was not what I expected at all. Apparently I'm stressed and perfectionistic and take after my fathers mother genetically. Which was news to me, since I've always thought I take after my mothers side, being white and all.

I don't know that much about my father's birth mother, since he was taken in as a baby by his aunty, his mother having TB when he was born, later he was adopted by his aunty and her husband, they raised him. She's still alive and well, which is a good thing for me, i can now expect to live a long and healthy life as long as my nerves dont kill me first.

He said i'm completely exhausted underneath my overwork mode, constantly busy, funnily enough thats the only thing I know about my grandma, every time i've ever seen her she's been busy, running around doing everything. I told the iridologist that, he said thats me. Drained of essential minerals like potassium, calcium and magnesium. All the "iums" apparently.

He also said i'm a crossover girl. Apparently that means I'm not a girly girl, i'm a practical girl. He said the two don't really mix. When i thought about it, yes, girly girls in my mind, come across as silly, giggly and airheaded. And annoying. They apparently suit "manly men." He described manly men as ones who play team sports and always want to be with the boys. My brother in law broke his leg playing rugby the week before his wedding. I guess that makes him a manly man, although I'm not sure if my sister is a girly girl. She doesn't annoy me.

He said I need to find a crossover guy. Someone interesting who can hold a conversation. That sounded like a good thing. He said to rule out anyone who has ever played rugby. Will see.

He prescribed me some salts for my adrenals and nerves, clicked my back and neck into place and gave me some kind of herbs for my intestinal tract. I have to take a lot of pills, which goes against what I have believed for the past couple of years, even if they are herbs it still seems wrong to me. But i'm struggling to remain open minded about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment