Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Institute

Tonight i went to Institute for the first time in about 5 years. I stopped going after i graduated because I assumed there wasn't much more I could learn since I'd done all the courses I wanted to do. Then i had lots of odd hours jobs that stopped me going anyway. Somehow with this being the last year i can go i somehow found the desire to start up again, and what do you know, I did learn something.

The date for easter, which changes every year and I always wondered why is chosen as the weekend following the "vernal equinox" (I think thats what the teacher said, I could be wrong) and a full moon. There was a huge golden full moon low to the horizon as I was driving to auckland yesterday morning, it was quite freaky, reminded me of the whole "signs in the heavens" thing the scriptures talk about.

Our other teacher for Family history told us about an online website they have where you can keep a private journal and get them to print it out and send it to you. Ldsjournal.com. I'm not sure how much different that would be to a blog, but I guess if you dont want anyone to read it its a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment