Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 6

The creator of the “Ultimate herbal detox” is a kiwi and a naturopath, Brett Elliott. Apparently he and his wife live in Tauranga. I watched a you tube video of him making a salad which I decided to try yesterday, and it is now my new favourite salad.

The base is made of mesclun leaves, tomato, and avocado, with lightly sautéed flat mushrooms. For the dressing you mix up some chopped up garlic, a dollop of probiotic unsweetened yoghurt, juice of one lemon, some olive oil and a bit of oregano, mixed together then poured over the salad then tossed into it. So delicious.

The sauce reminds me of “sauce blanche” the white kebab sauce that I used to always ask for when I had kebabs on my mission. Actually I think it probably is the same thing and maybe that’s why I love it so much, because it reminds me of the French food I had on my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment