Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Herbs & other things

And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man... Started reading a book the other day but haven't finished, can't remember the title but its by Leslie Kenton, all about herbs. Apparently parsley can be used for halitosis among other things, if you boil fennel seeds for 15 minutes in water, the tea can be used as an appetite suppressant, and a combination of dandelion & burdock root, as well as cleavers, can be used to aid and abet a person undergoing a detox. I had never heard of most of these plants before I opened this book, but it seems like a miracle that such amazing properties, tastes and assistance would come in small doses from things you never think about. Like herbs. Yesterday i was thinking about the whole recession thing and something I heard in a talk on sunday night, about being prepared for greater things. I guess life would be pointless if it were always easy. You can push away at something with all your energy and not get anywhere, but it only takes a small thing to push it past where it needs to go. Sometimes that small thing can be in the form of a word of encouragement from another person, an idea that motivates you, something little that makes you happy. I'm going to try to pay more attention to the little things that are always there but that I might miss out on because I'm not looking for them. Like smiles, nature, people who care about me, being able to walk (after a few weeks of hobbling around) sunshine, and feeling at peace with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment